This farm-fresh appetizer is a popular finger food at my family’s gatherings. Bread tubes or bread molds shape your bread and give a little character to your appetizer. But if you don’t have a bread tube to make the canapés, bake the refrigerated french bread as directed.
- 1 tube refrigerated French Bread dough
- 4 oz Chive & Onion Cream Cheese (half of a 8 oz tub)
- 1 cup Broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup Cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup Carrots, peeled and diced
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and coat the inside of a bread tube with cooking spray. Place refrigerated bread dough inside tube and make sure both end caps are greased and on securely. Bake 50-60 minutes. Remove bread from tube and let cool. Cut off the crust on both ends and slice the rest into half-inch pieces; you should get about 12 slices.
- Let the cream cheese sit on the counter to soften while you rinse and chop the vegetables. First peel and dice the carrots. Then either chop the broccoli and cauliflower florets or break them into bite-sized pieces with your fingers.
- Over a sheet of wax paper, spread cream cheese on the bread. Add an equal amount of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots to each piece. Sprinkle cheese over the top and place each canapé on a large plate or tray. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!