Love this zucchini bread and in a perfect world, I will always have some on hand in my freezer! It’s moist with a hint of cinnamon and makes a wonderful breakfast.
Me and this recipe go way back. It was the first zucchini bread recipe I was ever given and the first zucchini recipe I ever made. Ah, the memories!
This recipe came from my dear friend Robin, who I met almost fifteen years ago on a trip to Washington D.C. I was a little high school FFA member and she was a big-time State Officer. We became acquaintances, then friends, then good friends. I cheered her on when she ran for (and won) a National FFA Office. She held my hand and mentored me when I ran for State and National Offices myself. We later worked together as conference facilitators for the FFA’s Washington Leadership Conferences in Washington D.C. – the same city we first met.
I love how the Lord weaves our stories in and out with other people.
And I love that every time I make this bread, I get to think of my dear friend Robin. :)
Click here for more information on baking with zucchini and for step by step instructions on grating it.
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 cups Flour (opt: substitute 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 cups Zucchini, shredded
- Beat together the eggs, sugars and oil.
- Stir together all the dry ingredients and add to the egg-sugar mixture. Stir in the shredded zucchini.
- Coat four mini loaf pans with cooking spray. Sprinkle sugar on the bottom. Pour batter evenly in all four pans. Sprinkle tops with sugar.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.