I’m all about having an arsenal of quick and easy meals that I can throw together for my family. My husband works strange hours so sometimes “supper” is at 3 p.m., other times at 7:30 p.m.
One staple I like to have on hand is taco meat (i.e. Ground Beef Mix and taco seasoning). If I have that, I usually have ingredients to do traditional tacos, this taco salad or something similar.
My husband is not a big salad eater but enjoys this one, especially with Nacho Cheese Doritos. He’s not into sour cream or dressings so I throw some taco sauce on top and he’s happy.
For my own plate, I like corn tortilla chips or any flavor Doritos. As for the dressing, bring it on! My favorite is chunky salsa mixed with either sour cream or some ranch dressing. A friend from church made us a chicken version when we’d just gotten home from the hospital with our third child. For her salad, she used an amazing jalapeño dressing. I’ll have to ask her for that recipe. . . Will keep ya posted!
- 1 lb Ground Beef, browned
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- Tortilla Corn Chips or any flavor Doritos
- Lettuce, chopped or shredded
- Tomatoes, diced
- Bell Pepper, diced
- Onion, diced
- Black Olives, diced
- Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- Salsa or Taco Sauce
- Sour Cream or other dressing
- Season the ground beef according to seasoning packet. Set aside.
- On individual plates, start with tortilla chips (or any flavor Doritos). Then add lettuce, taco meat, shredded cheese and as many fresh veggies as you want.
- There are many dressing options that can set this salad apart. Try a chunky salsa, salsa mixed with sour cream, salsa mixed with ranch dressing or a jalapeno dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!